Sunday, January 10, 2016

Perseverence

     For the past few months I have been taking statistics. It has been super stressful and time consuming, and there were a lot of tears! I put a lot of effort into the assignments and tests, but no matter how hard I tried, it just wouldn't click. It took me forever to complete problems, and I had trouble getting assignments in on time. When the time came for the final, I realized that I would have to basically ace it to pass the class.
     Recently, I started watching Grey's Anatomy, and I’ve been obsessed. I like how Dr. Grey is able to still work in the hospital and focus on her patients, even when she is clearly having problems. In the episode I watched yesterday Meredith found out she had a half-sister, and even had to help treat her. She did that without letting her personal issues get in the way. Granted she did have a meltdown when she was finished, but those are allowed every once in a while. J When I was getting ready to take my finals yesterday, I posted a photo to my Instagram and Facebook. It was a picture of a notebook that said "Meredith Grey didn’t become a surgeon and get to marry Dr. McDreamy by not studying." I knew my final wouldn't be fun, and there was a good chance I would fail the class, but I decided to do my best and hope it was enough. Maybe my teacher would find a way to let me pass because he knew I'd been working hard? I could always hope!
     Yesterday I finished my final, and I ended up failing the class. I took me a while to finish the final, and I had a breakdown with tears in the middle of it. Actually, that happened quite a few times while I was taking statistics...luckily it was an online class. But every time I got stressed or was having a meltdown I would text or message two of my friends. They both talked to me until I was able to calm down. Sometimes they would hang out with me just so that I could take a break and forget the stress of the class. If it were not for them I would not have been able to make it through this class. I do have to take it over again, but I know that I can get through it and that it will all be worth it in the end. If there's one thing I've learned from Dr. Grey, it's that I can accomplish whatever I set my mind to. This is just part of the path to becoming what I want to be and living the life I want to live.

DISCLAIMER: I do not own the rights to this picture. I got it off of https://www.pinterest.com/pin/487233253408908840

3 comments:

  1. Maybe because you have only taken the class already, it may be easier this time around. You know some of the material and now will have a BETTER understanding of it and you know to expect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe because you have only taken the class already, it may be easier this time around. You know some of the material and now will have a BETTER understanding of it and you know to expect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hoping that's the case! 😊

    ReplyDelete