Friday, January 1, 2016

New Year Goals

       It's a new year, and I hope you all had a fantastic time ringing in 2016! I spent the day with friends and family. I even had time to reflect on my last year. It was a little hard at times,and I had to message my best friend to talk me through it. I had been looking at pictures and came across some of my ex fiance and me. Many of you know I was engaged, and that the engagement ended a few months ago. As I was looking at these pictures I became upset, because I was supposed to get married this March to a guy I loved so much. Even though there were those hard moments, there were also great moments! I found pictures from when I first started dating my ex, my trip to California, and even my trip to Payson with my mom. Even though not everything is going to go the way I wanted/planned, I am prepared to make this one of my best years so far.

      Today when I was at my friend's house I set goals I want to accomplish during the year. My first goal is to go to the gym 5 days a week. I won't share why, because it's a pretty crazy reason, but it will definitely be a good change. To do this I have my friend texting me everyday, just to hold me accountable. My second goal is to blog post once a week! I am already off to a good start on this goal. :) At the end of the year I want to be able to look back and see all that has happened. My third goal is to read the scriptures everyday. I originally thought of this goal, because at the singles ward I was challenged to read Matthew through John before the end of the year, this was back in November. I started out pretty good and read 5 chapters a day! Towards the end of it I began to slack off and did not end up finishing it. I have a lot more time this year, and do plan on finishing the Bible. My fourth and final goal is to cook at home twice a week. I am notorious for going and buying fast food on my night to cook. I will admit that I'll still probably do that, but I will definitely cook at home those two nights a week too.
      As we kick off the new year I encourage you all to think of your last year, and what you would like to accomplish this coming one. Let's make this a great year. Happy New Year to all of you!
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment