Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Forgiveness

   I have not posted in awhile and thought I would post a short little blog today. These past few days I've really been tested and some of the things that happened do not necessarily deserve an "it's okay." To be able to move on though there needs to be an "I forgive you."
   There is a quote by Jonathan Lockwood Huie that says, "Forgive others not because they deserve forgiveness but because you deserve peace." I believe this one hundred percent! Sometimes the situation is so big or crazy that you do not want to say "it's okay", because in all honesty it is not. However the ability to say "I forgive you", does not tell them everything is okay and that you are forgetting everything, but it tells them you are okay enough to move forward and have peace in your life. 
   In my experience I realized that I needed to forgive the other person to be able to move on with my life. I took a little bit of time to understand why that person had done what they had. I also thought about what I needed to do, so that I could move on and be okay. In the end I was able to move on to an extent and I feel a lot better about what happened. 
  I will leave you with one more quote by C.S Lewis. "Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars. You have to let go at some point in order to move forward." I encourage you all to find the peace you need and move forward. Forgive someone you have not yet forgiven today.

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment