Saturday, January 14, 2017

Taking Risks

            It’s a new year, and a great time to do things you never thought you would do whether it’s talking to someone you’ve been wanting to, saying yes to more social gatherings, or trying a new outfit you’d never thought of wearing.
Recently I had an experience where I stepped out of my comfort zone, and I asked a guy out. I will say that I had been working up to this for months, and when I tried to ask all I could say was “uhh”. I finally was able to ask, and he said no. Even though he said no, I still felt really good that I was able to ask. I can honestly say that I would not have done this at the beginning of last year.
Now that I have done this and put myself out there I honestly believe that now that I know I won’t die by taking chances I will be able to do it more. This year I am going to make it a goal to take more risks. I’m going to put myself out of my comfort zone more.
What are some risks that you’ve taken? What’s something you’ve always wanted to do, but have been too nervous to do?
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment