Friday, November 25, 2016

Stress Management

Stress Management

            Hey everyone! Today I thought I’d write about ways to manage stress. Before I begin I want to say that these are ways I cope with stress. These methods may not work for you, but I hope that you are able to find something that helps you.
            Recently I’ve been stressing out a lot. I’ve been stressing about school, work, and friendships. Some of the things that have been happening to me are getting canker sores, bad stomach aches/cramps, and I’ve even been losing some of my hair. I finally decided that  this would not just go away and that I needed to find ways to manage this stress. I would like to say that I have this all figured out, but truthfully I don’t. I am still actively trying to figure out ways to manage this stress.
            The first thing that I do is talk to my friends. When I start to feel overwhelmed I will message one of my friends and talk about what is going on. This does not totally get rid of my stress, but I do feel a little better. Another thing I do regarding friends is I’ll get a hug from one of them. This works for me, but may not work for you.
            If those two things don’t work or if a friend is unavailable I will take a nap. This may not be the best thing to do, because it is probably not great to sleep every time you are stressing out, but it can be good sometimes. After a nap I wake up feeling more clear headed and able to calm down about whatever is bugging me.
            Another way I manage stress is I will take a break and read. I will usually do this when stressing about homework and school. I will do a section of homework then take a break and read. I will go back and forth doing this until I get my homework done.
            The last thing I do is exercise. I usually run on the treadmill, but recently I have started doing yoga. A good fitness channel to watch is tone it up, on you tube.  Pinterest is also a good place to get different exercises from.
            These are a few things that work for me. I don’t know if everything will work for you, but it’s worth a shot. I hope you all found this a little helpful. If you have any other ways you manage stress, let me know. I’d love to hear your methods!

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment